Billing: The City Clerk's Office is responsible for sewer, tax, and water billing.  All payments must be received on or before the due date; POSTMARKS ARE NOT CONTROLLING.

Water Bills are based on water used during the previous quarter. Bills are sent out on January 15th, April 15th, July 15th and October 15th. Water payments are due on February 15th, May 15th, August 15th and November 15th. A penalty of 5% is added to the water bill if unpaid.  The Water Department Superintendent is Steve Woodworth: his hours are Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 3 PM.  The telephone number at the Water Department shop is 655-6422.

Tax Bills are mailed on July 15th.  Quarterly installments are due August 15th, November 15th, February 15th and May 15th.  If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal Holiday, the tax payment will be accepted on the next business day without delinquency.
Annual Sewer Bills are mailed out with the water bill in January and are due on or before April 15th.
If unpaid, 8% penalty is added as well as 1% per month interest for the first three months and 1½% interest per month thereafter and it is turned over to the delinquent tax collector.

City Clerk's Office: The City Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping and preserving the records of the town. The City Clerk and her assistants record documents into the land records, records vital statistic documents, current use tax information, minutes of all municipal meetings and ordinances, maintains the Grand List, and runs the local elections. The City Clerk certifies that copies of certain documents are true and accurate copies. The City Clerk's Office is responsible for issuing dog licenses, catering and liquor licenses, marriage licenses, civil union licenses, fish and game licenses, and any other municipal license that might be required. The City Clerk's Office also handles voter registration, as well as helping the public with getting access to public records that are needed.  For more information, please call Pauline K. Schmoll, City Clerk, Carol J. Barrett or Janet L. Brouard at 655-6419. The office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

Civil Union Information: The City Clerk's office issues civil union licenses. A civil union is a legal relationship that provides same-sex couples in Vermont all the benefits, protections, and responsibilities under law as are granted to spouses in a marriage. An information sheet and worksheet are available at the City Clerk's office.

Copying Services: Copies of deeds recorded in the City Clerk's Office are $1.00 per page.

Dogs: Licensing of dogs is handled by the City Clerk's Office. Dogs six months of age or older must be registered by April 1st, of each year. To register your dog bring the latest rabies certificate and a certificate of neutering to the City Clerk's office. The cost is $10.00 for a spayed female or neutered male, and $14.00 for an un-neutered animal. The penalty for not registering dogs by April 1st is an additional 50% of the regular cost. Please Note: THERE IS A LEASH LAW IN WINOOSKI! For more information call the City Clerk's Office at 655-6419 during office hours.  [LINK]

Elections: Annual City Meeting is the 1st Tuesday in March. The City and School budgets are voted on by Australian ballot on the 1st Tuesday in March. The polling place is located at the Winooski Educational Center on upper Main Street. The polls are open from 7 AM to 7 PM on all election days. For more information about elections and voting, please call the City Clerk's Office at 655-6419 office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. 

Fax Services: You may contact us at the Winooski City Clerk Office via our fax machine. Our fax number is (802) 655-6414. The public is welcome to use our fax machine at a cost of $4.00 for the first page and 75 cents each additional page for in-state faxes and $5.00 for the first page and $1.00 each additional page for all other faxes.

Genealogical Information: The City Clerk's Office has files on early Winooski (Old Town of Colchester) families that may be viewed by the public. Vital records go back to 1857 and the land records go back to the 1700's. The first five volumes are located in Special Collections at the UVM Library.

Marriage Information: The City Clerk's office issues marriage licenses. An information sheet and worksheet are available at the City Clerk's office.

Voter Registration: The City Clerk's Office is responsible for maintaining the voter checklist and voter registration. There is no waiting period for establishing residency in Vermont. The law states that "residency" is defined by where the person is domiciled, as evidenced by an intent to maintain a principle dwelling place in the town indefinitely and to return there if temporarily absent, coupled with an act or acts consistent with that intent. Voter registration forms are available at the City Clerk's office during office hours. Individuals who have never voted in Vermont, will need to take the Voter's Oath before a Notary Public City Clerk or Assistant City Clerk, a Justice of the Peace, or a Judge. Notaries are available at the City Clerk's Office during office hours.  They can administer the oath and complete the voter registration form